What is Castor oil?
Castrol oil is vegetable oil that you can press from castor beans. It is an essential amino acid and it is rich with Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids. People have been using Castor oil for thousands of years for a lot of purposes. It’s commonly used as an additive in foods, medications and skincare products and as an industrial lubricant and biodiesel fuel component. There are three types of Castor oil that are popularly used for hair care:
- Organic Cold-pressed Castor oil – This oil is extracted directly from the castor beans without using any heat. This mechanical and nonchemical method is called the expeller pressing. Because of the cold pressing, the oil keeps all of the nutrients present in the seed. Organic cold-pressed Castor oil is one of the best natural oils for hair. This oil is perfect if you have:
- Curly hair
- Itchy or dry scalp
- Jamaican Black Castor oil (JBCO) – Jamaican Black Castor oil is extracted from roasted castor beans. It gets its dark color because in it you will find the ashes of the roasted castor oil beans. It is best for dry hair or dry scalps but it will work for any hair type. It moisturizes, thickens your hair. It increases blood flow to the scalp and that’s why it increases hair growth. There are a lot of more benefits you will get out of this oil:
- Prevent hair breakage
- Prevent dandruff
- It helps to deal with dry, itchy scalp
- Prevent hair loss
- Hydrogenated Castor oil (Castor wax) – Hydrogenated castor oil called castor wax is made from castor oil. It is a hardened vegetable wax. It comes from hydrogenating pure castor oil with the aid of a nickel catalyst. Castor wax is odorless, brittle, and insoluble in water. Often you will find it in:
What does Castor oil do?
Castor oil is great for your hair. The things that Castor oil does are:
- Castor oil promotes hair growth. This oil improves blood circulation to the follicles and that helps your hair to grow
- Helps reduce split ends and controls hair breakage
- Conditions and moisturizes your hair
- If your hair is starting to show the first signs of graying, then Castor oil can be the cure. Castor oil can prevent your hair from losing more pigment. It is a popular method to prevent premature graying
- It improves follicle and scalp health and reduces hair fall
- Castor oil also thickens hair
- It darkens hair – it is a great way how to get richer and darken hair naturally
Where can I buy Castor oil?
Try Castor oil by yourself and see the results. These products are ranked by rating. Choose the best one for you:
|Molivera Organics Castor Oil|
|Namskara Organic Castor Oil|
|Aria Starr Castor Oil Cold Pressed|
|Pure Body Naturals Castor Oil|
|Shiny Leaf Cold Pressed Castor Oil Shampoo|
|Pure Acres Farm Castor Oil 2oz|
Castor oil product reviews
What it is?
- Deeply Moisturizing and Supremely Restorative
- Very high in Antioxidants, Essential Fatty Acids, and Vitamins
- Soothing and Relieving
- Promotes Hair Growth and Thickening
- Conditions Hair
- Adds Natural Luster and seals Split Ends
What it is? The Namskara Organic Castor Oil can guarantee such as it is made from non-GMO castor seeds. This alone gives this product a nice edge from the competition as it promises to be as natural as it can get. It’s thoughtful packaging also help make it a strong contender for the best organic castor oil for hair growth.
- This castor oil for hair provides vitamins and nutrition so your hair would be strong, long and thick
- This premium hair growth treatment also helps regrow hair and prevent hair loss
- It can be used as a conditioner, hot oil treatment, moisturizer, and mask to boost beautiful hair
- Apply 2-3 drops of oil into fingers.
- Gently massage into clean hair or scalp.
- Use daily for best results.
What it is? This oil is deemed as one of the best castor oils for natural hair. It’s potent enough to penetrate thick, coarse hair, so it can guarantee to do wonders for your locks. It is full of nutrients that are needed to make it potent. This promises effectiveness for whatever purpose may you have in mind for it.
- It nourishes and moisturizes your hair
- it promotes hair growth
- It stops hair fall
- This is an easy way how to get rid of dandruff
- Castor oil will deal with dry scalp, dry hair and split ends
What it is?
- When used regularly, castor oil can improve blood circulation resulting in stronger, thicker, healthier hair
- Castor oil protects and hydrates the hair shaft from within to repair damage help it to retain protein and shine
- Full with vitamins, minerals, and fatty acid proteins
How to use Castor Oil for Hair Growth?
As a conditioner
- After shampooing, massage castor oil into hair and scalp
- Optionally add 1-2 tbsp of castor oil to your favorite conditioner
- Leave in for 3-5 minutes and rinse.
For hair growth
- Massage the castor oil into the scalp with gentle pressure for 10 minutes
- The oil is naturally sticky and it requires a few rounds of shampoo. But after the residue is rinsed off, you are left with strong, smooth and nourished hair
- 3-4 times per week
What it is? It is nutrient rich castor oil that detoxifies and cleanses with Shiny Leaf Cold Pressed Castor Oil Shampoo. This refreshing shampoo contains the same hair moisturizing Cold Pressed Castor Oil that makes your hair soft, smooth, and manageable. It promotes healthy hair growth. Using the shampoo every day helps fight hair loss and improve hair regrowth. With continued use, you get longer, thicker tresses.
- It helps to get rid of dirt, dust, and residue
- Hydrate and bring back moisture to your hair
- Shampoo brings volume in your hair
- Control Dryness and Frizz
- It is safe for colored hair
- Massage your scalp gently while you shampoo to remove dirt and buildup
- It works great for all hair types
- Your hair will look healthy and strong
How to use Shiny Leaf Cold Pressed Castor Oil Shampoo?
- In wet hair massage the shampoo on your scalp and hair
- Apply shampoo from roots to tips
- Leave the product on your hair for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse hair thoroughly with lukewarm water
- For best results, use with Shiny Leaf Cold Pressed Castor Oil Conditioner
It is safe to use every day.
What it is?
- Promotes hair growth
- Works as a moisturizer
- Repairs split ends
- Treats dandruff and dry scalp
- Moisturizes and nourishes hair
- Thickens hair
- Pure castor oil has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties
- It’s high in Vitamin E
How to use it?
There are a lot of ways how to use it. It depends on the hair type and the reasons for using it. The average of Castor oil use is 1 – 2 times per week. The situations for using it: Hair growth – try rubbing just a few drops of the oil into your scalp. Hair loss – try to use it at least 2 times a week. Split ends – massage your hair with Castor oil twice or thrice a week. If you can, then leave the oil overnight.
What are the Castor oil side effects?
Like with a lot of things in life, more doesn’t mean better. Large amounts of castor oil can be harmful and trigger side effects like:
- Abdominal cramps
- Low blood pressure
- Skin rash
It is not common to get a reaction from Castor oil but to be safe before using it, test a tiny amount on your inner arm to make sure you are not allergic to it.
More benefits from Castor oil
You can get more benefits out from Castor oi like:
- It reduces acne
- Moisturizes skin
- Reduces pigmentation
- Prevents stretch marks
- Disinfects wounds
- Boosts immunity
- Treats back pain
If you want to find out more hair growth products then check out our homepage: beautystartswithhair.com