Best hair oils that stimulate hair growth
Using hair oils is the best way to pamper your hair. It is one of the best ways to get stronger, healthier, thicker and longer hair. Hair oils give your hair the essential nutrients and proteins that your hair needs. I made a list of the best hair growth oils, that you should try out. You can use these oils at home or if you see that they are one of the ingredients in a hair care product then you will know that this product will help your hair to grow.
Never forget that your hair will not start to grow very fast just by using these oils. Healthy hair growth is an inside out process. You have to be gentle with your hair. Never forget about brushing your hair consistently. You need to use the right hair care products. Rinse your locks with cold water weekly. Take care of your body by eating the right food. Stress less. Once you do that while regularly using one of these oils, you will see how your hair will start to grow in no time.
You will gain more than one benefit of using good hair growth oil. A good hair growth oil:
- Promotes faster hair growth
- Stimulates hair regrowth
- Curbs hair fall
- Nourishes follicles and hair
- Conditions hair
There are a lot of options of which you can choose your hair growth oil. This is our top 5 hair growth oil list.
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is full of all kinds of benefits for your hair. It acts as a heat protectant, intensely moisturizes hair strands, prevents damaged hair and breakage, helps to prevent hair loss, as well as aids in hair growth. Since coconut oil is loaded with fatty acids, it penetrates the hair more deeply than regular conditioners.
How to use it:
- Heat it up slightly so it melts (it will make it easier to apply it) or you can rub the oil between your hands to warm it up and melt it down.
- Oily scalp – apply coconut oil to your hair from mid-shaft to ends, excluding the roots.
Dry scalp – apply onto the scalp as well
- Leave the oil in your hair for 30 minutes to an hour (or even overnight).
- Wash it out with a natural, organic shampoo.
- Repeat once a week for best results.
Remember: if your hair are getting dry from using coconut oil then try out other hair oils.
2. Argan oil
Argan oil, also known as Morrocon oil, is extracted from nuts that grow on the Argan tree in Morocco. This oil is called “liquid gold” because of all the benefits you will get from it. Argan oil hydrates and moisturizes hair, it penetrates hair shafts and nourishes deeply. The high vitamin E and vitamin F content repairs damaged hair. Argan oil also treats split ends. Read more about argan oil on our Argan oil reviews page.
How to use:
- Apply a few drops to your palm.
- Rub your hands together and distribute evenly on damp or dry hair, avoiding the roots.
- Apply daily for best results.
3. Castor oil
Castor oil is rich with vitamin E, proteins, and minerals. Castor oil also contains antioxidants, which support the keratin in hair, making it stronger, smoother, and healthier. This oil also helps you to get rid of dandruff and other scalp issues. Castor oil works by improving blood circulation within the scalp. In that way supplying with more nutrient. In the result, it provides with better growth of hair strands.
If you get this oil, we recommend getting the cold-pressed castor oil. 100% pure virgin castor oil offers many other great benefits such as controlling hair loss, fighting scalp infections and dandruff, conditioning and moisturizing the hair, as well as preventing split ends.
How to use:
- It’s always best to mix castor oil just a few drops with a carrier oil such as olive oil or coconut oil for a more even and easier application.
- Use this mixture as a scalp treatment by massaging the oil into your scalp.
- Then put on a shower cap, and leave it on overnight.
- Wash and rinse as usual the next morning.
- Repeat weekly or as needed.
4. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil has the ability to loosen and remove crusted build up on the scalp. This build up blocks hair follicles and inhibits hair growth. Jojoba oil, similar to coconut oil, effective moisturizes the hair strands and protects them from external damage. It also treats dandruff and dry scalp problems. Your hair will get shiny and soft.
How to use:
You can use it as a leave-in treatment.
- Apply to the scalp before washing your hair.
- Leave it in for 30 minutes or even overnight.
- For a nice scent, you can add a drop of your favorite essential oil
Alternatively, you can add a few drops of jojoba oil to your conditioner or simply apply a little bit to your ends after washing.
5. Olive Oil
Olive oil is known to be the best oil for hair growth. It revitalizes the scalp, nourishes the hair roots and promotes the growth of hair strands. This oil is rich with vitamin E. This vitamin is very important for hair growth. This oil acts as a natural heat protectant. Olive oil for hair will leave it looking stronger, healthier, and shinier.
How to use:
- Apply 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil to dry or damp hair.
- Distributing it evenly and thoroughly.
- Wrap in a towel or shower cap and leave in for about half an hour.
- Rinse with cold water and feel free to skip the conditioner.
- Repeat once a week.